Saturday, August 9, 2014

Week 2 practicum

Hi, so this is my second week in MRSMBPJ after 10 days of Raya break. On 4/8/2014, I had observed class 3E. They worked on their ELSA model for their PT3 paper. I had observed that while maintaining to assist my mentor's students in their work, she was also able to maintain her good rapport with her students. On the very same day, i was assigned to teach 4D just 5 minutes before class, without any preparation, I asked my mentor for a little help, and she asked me to do some speech writing. The class did  not go well entirely, but manageable. In the end of the day, I've been assigned to take 2B with prepared lesson by my mentor. It was about MH17, I had tried to figure out their thought about the tragedy, it was obvious that form 2 students could not critically comment on a tragedy. It is possibly because limited knowledge and they are not trained enough to think critically compared to upper forms. On the next day, I was focusing on the preparation for observe class on the 6th August until noon. I had also observed my mentor how she conducted her form five class. In the evening, I had chance to see how the teachers conduct their PGG (Program Gerak Gemilang ) with form three students. It was surprised to see some of them were so eager in finishing their work, while some just sleep.  With all the preparation prepared for 6th August class, I went to school that morning with bulk of enthusiasm to teach 4B, but it was ruined when my mentor said that I would not be observed in that class, instead she asked to take the form 2B class in the end of the schedule. I discovered that my lesson plan for form 4 class will not work on form 2, so I remade the lesson plan, according to this patriotic month, the Independence Day topic. It was really fun to discovered that I have to improve my control in the class, as well as my time management. I have tendency to pity the students who works slow in discussion group, and I had also discovered that , it was not easy to be a firm teacher with those 14 years old students, while maintaining their respect to you. So the week went on to my observation day and it went smooth with 4B. Amazingly. I still did not receive my feedback from my mentor, so I was hoping she would say something before I teach again next week :D. Thats all for now. Daaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment