This will be the third week blog
since I first came here to MRSMBPJ. Last week was a relax week since the school
was having monthly test for all forms. The first two days of the week were just
the AB (Academic Buddy) days, where peers help each other in their learning
process. During these two days, I was not much involved with the learning
process but spending my time more in the stuffs room and helping other teachers
with their work. The test started on Tuesday. Early morning, I was assigned by one of the teacher together
with my friend to do the PGG for form five and later I was assigned to look
after a class for their test by my mentor. On Tuesday night, I had experienced
different way of celebrating Eid. In Johor, they were having this tradition
called Baraan (Marhaban) where in one session, there would be around six or
seven houses involved with the celebration. I had never experience this kind of
Eid before. This was a great opportunity to realize that despite I had
experienced cross culture in NZ, there are lots more of culture in my own
country that I have not had chance to experience yet. It was really fun. On
Wednesday, I was once again assigned to look after a test at the main hall. I
took this chance to get to know other teacher who was also assigned to look
after the test. On the last day of the week, I was assigned to help the
students’ culture event exhibition next Friday at UniKL. I was hoping to see
how the exhibition goes. This week will be the activity week, and my friends
and I had helped the teachers to do some activities for form 1 and 2 students.
We planned to do The Amazing Race concept game, but named it as ‘Minion Rush’
as the students were so little and cute. There would be fun staff such as blow
the balloon until it burst and they will find a piece of idiom where they have
to match the given idioms with its meaning. The activities had been approved
and I am so excited to see how it goes this Tuesday. I had also assigned to be
the panel for mock interview for form five students. This is such a good
exposure for me to see how it is done. I am looking forward for that, as we
were given a file contains questions for students as well as a guideline for
the interviewer. That is all about last week. Things went through pretty smooth
for me here without any hassle.
No comments:
Post a Comment